Florida Beach Shamrock Half-Marathon & 5K
March 11, 2018
Lace up your sneakers, put on your green and join in on the fun at this festive event, located near St. Petersburg on Florida’s beautiful west coast at the mouth of Tampa Bay.
Both of our courses are located entirely in Fort De Soto Park, starting and finishing adjacent to the park’s North Beach, regularly recognized as one of the nation’s best beaches. These races will be run on paved access roads and recreational trails.
DATE: Sunday, March 11, 2018
PLACE: Fort De Soto Park
Wheelchair Half-Marathon: 7:00AM
There will be packet pickups at Fit2Run in St. Pete and Tampa the weekend and weeknights before the race, as well as on race morning.
Fort De Soto Park is located at the southern end of Pinellas County and easily accessible from any direction.
From Interstate 275, watch for signs for the Bayway, which connects St. Petersburg and St. Pete Beach. Head west towards the beaches, turning south to Fort De Soto Park.
From the beaches, head south to St. Pete Beach, turning left at the Don CeSar Beach Resort onto the Bayway, turning south to Fort De Soto Park.
Once you reach Fort De Soto Park, turn right and follow the bend in the road to North Beach all the way at the road’s end.
Parking is free. There is ample parking at North Beach in Ft. De Soto Park.
We require that runners and walkers be properly prepared and trained to finish the Halfathon within 4 hours (18 minute/mile pace). Please note that 4 hours after the start, course support ((i.e. aid/water stations, volunteers, course marshals, clocks, etc.) is not guaranteed. The 5k runners and walkers should be finished within the 4 hour time limit for the halfathon.
- Both races are staged entirely in Fort De Soto Park, recognized as one of the best beaches in the nation.
- The course features a loop for the first 3.1 miles of the race, bringing athletes back through the start line.
- The rest of the course is an extremely flat, out-and-back tour of Fort De Soto Park, mostly on paved recreational trails.
- With a start time about 30 minutes before sunrise to avoid warm weather, the first portion of the race will take place in the dawn.
- Sunrise should be directly ahead of our athletes before the turn-around at East Beach.
- Check out the course map for the precise route.
No Strollers, Bicycles, or Dogs
All our races are sanctioned and insured through USATF for runners, joggers, and walkers ONLY. Strollers, skaters, skateboards and bicycles are NOT allowed on the course during our races.
Both courses have been precisely measured and documentation provided according to USATF requirements, certifying our courses as accurately measured.
Official results will be sorted by Net Time. Both Net and Gun Times will be provided for all athletes.
- We offer Gatorade and water at 7 aid stations along the halfathon course, with the first located near mile 2, which will serve as the only aid station for the 5K. Athletes who feel they will need additional hydration than what we provide are welcome to make their own arrangements, such as carrying additional fluids or having friends meet them along the course.
- Fresh Florida oranges will be available at six aid stations, starting near mile 4.
- Medical support is available from ambulances stationed along the course, and at the finish line. If you need medical assistance, the ambulances will be mobile and ready to respond.
Average Low: 61 °
Average High: 76 °
Average Monthly Rainfall: 3.29″
Sunrise: 7:34 a.m.
Our 2019-20 Events
(More races, more medals!)