Our Virtual Races allow athletes to run or walk anywhere in the world and still earn one of our beautiful finisher’s medals.
Net proceeds (after costs of bib, medal, shipping) will be donated to several small local non-profits, including local running clubs to assist with their scholarship efforts, through our Starfish Support Foundation.
The Virtual Runs have provided funds for numerous non-profit groups including Girl Scouts (local chapters), Rainbow Girls, John Hopkins Magnet Enrichment Program, Tutterow Stars Dance Team, Largo High Girls Cross Country Team, USFSP Club TRiO S4, Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida, Calvary Chapel Running Team, U of South Florida All Stars, Operation SNIP, and Black Girls Run, to name a few.
Our Virtual Runs have also helped raise money for:
- Support Our Marines, Inc. founded by one of our loyal athletes, Dianne Villano, to support troops in the most remote locations.
- Partners For Life Foundation, created by Lorraine Yaslowitz to support families who lose loved ones to senseless acts of violence in memory of her husband Jeff, a K9 police officer in St. Petersburg, FL lost in the line of duty in 2011.
Here is how our Virtual Runs work:
Our virtual runs are staged completely on the honor system. By registering, we assume you will complete the mileage required. We will send you an official finisher medal from the event you registered for. Your bib will also be included. These are beautiful, custom-made medals, along with a custom ribbon.
1) Registration is $30 for the Virtual race (any distance). International Athletes are charged an extra $10.00 to cover the cost of international shipping.
2) You can complete your mileage in one run or you can split it up – your choice.
3) Your medal and bib will be mailed shortly after the on-site race. T-shirts are not included in order to keep the price/shipping costs low.
4) Please share your results, experience and photos by tagging us at #FloridaRoadRaces. Your results will NOT be recorded as official results, nor will you be eligible for age group awards or rankings. It is not necessary to send us emails to report results, but you are certainly welcome to share your comments on social media.
5) Take the Challenge! Virtual athletes who complete our all our halfathons from October thru March can also earn a Challenge medal. The cost is $10 to cover the cost of medal production and shipping. This purchase option will be available during registration for our series’ finale: the Shamrock Distance Classic.
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
“If you hate crowds Nepal is a great place to run! Just not in the cities. 7:42 moving time, about 30 hours total elapsed (for the first 13.1).”
– Craig Hablewitz, Virtual Runner who completed the 2015 Florida Beach Halfathon in Nepal